Create an Outlook 2007 signature
Do you want to create an Outlook signature for your Outlook 2007 users? It’s a lot easier than you think to do so. Just follow this step-by-step guide and you’ll have a new signature up and running in no time.
Launch your Outlook 2007 email client.
Choose one of the following options:
- Click on the Tools menu and select Options. Click on the Mail Format tab and then on the Signatures… button. This will open the Signatures and Stationery window.
- Click New to compose a new email message. Now, click on the Insert tab that appears in the Outlook ribbon. Click Signature then Signatures….
In the Signatures and Stationery window that appears on your screen, click New to begin creating your Outlook 2007 signature. We recommend you give it a name that is easy to remember.
Now, simply use the Edit signature box below to compose your signature. You can format the text with different fonts, colors and sizes, as you would in a normal email, as well as add images and hyperlinks. You can even add a virtual business card (vCard) if you wish.
Under the Choose default signature section, specify which email account the Outlook 2007 signature is to be applied to.
When you’re done, click OK.
When you compose a new message, your signature will automatically appear. If you want to modify your Outlook 2007 signature, simply return to the ‘Signatures and Stationery’ window to carry out your changes. To create another signature, just follow the above steps again.
Most people find creating an Outlook 2007 signature pretty simple. It doesn’t require much effort and can be completed in a matter of minutes.
Problems arise when you have to manage signatures across multiple users and you need to ensure that everyone is using the same design. To do this, IT administrators have to visit each user’s machine in an organization and carry out signature updates manually.
If only there was an easier way…
If you want to manage Outlook 2007 signatures more effectively, Exclaimer email signature software lets you create fantastic signatures for all users and manage them effectively from one central console.
- Manage and distribute email signatures to all users via a single update.
- User details are taken from your Active Directory and you don’t need to have a Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Have signatures in different formats such as HTML, plain text or RTF.
- Allow administrators to thoroughly test and review a signature before it is sent to users.