Create an Outlook signature in Outlook 2010 & 2013
If you are using either Microsoft Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013, you’ll want your users to have a professional Outlook signature appended to all messages that they send.
Find out below how to create an HTML Outlook signature that will be perfect for promoting your brand and organization.
Launch Outlook 2010 or 2013, depending on which version your organization uses.
Carry out one of the following:
- Click File to enter the Outlook Backstage view, then click on Options which can be found in the left hand pane.
- Open a new email message in your Outlook client, click INSERT > Signature > Signatures…:
In the lightbox window that opens, select Mail in the left hand pane and click on the Signatures… button:
You’ll arrive at the Signatures and Stationery window. Make sure the right email account has been selected under Choose default signature (hidden in the below screenshot):
Click the New button and give your signature a name. Click OK:
You will be returned to the Signatures and Stationery window. The name of your signature will now appear in the Select signature to edit box in the top left. Now you just need to create or add your email signature. There are a couple of ways to do this:
Type in the desired text directly into the email signature editor. Be aware that you will only really be able to create a text-based signature without running into issues.
If you paste images like social media icons directly into the Outlook signature, they will not be embedded as the program will recognize them as separate elements. This means every recipient that gets an email with this signature will see all images as attachments. If you want images to appear correctly, it is recommended that you host them in a shared location.
- Create your email signature in Microsoft Word, copy it directly into the Outlook signature editor and click Save.
As you can see, creating an email signature in Outlook 2010 and 2013 is relatively easy. Managing signatures becomes much more difficult when you take into account a large number of users and trying to ensure that all signatures use the correct branding.
If you’re an IT administrator, you will have to visit every user’s machine to ensure that all signatures are updated correctly. This is often very time-consuming.
That’s where we come in…
Exclaimer email signature software is perfect for all organizations using Microsoft Outlook 2010 or 2013.
This dedicated email signature software solution distributes email signatures directly to the end user’s Outlook client. As a result, it works with Outlook 2010 and 2013, letting users choose their email signature as they type and send their message.
- A multi-year winner of the Outlook Utility category of the MSExchange.org ‘Readers’ Choice’ Awards, as well as being Microsoft Certified to work with Windows.
- Rules let you define exactly which users get which Outlook email signatures. Combine conditions that the user must meet such as ‘is a member of the Sales OU’.
- Install it on any Windows machine in your network – PC or server – such as on a computer in the marketing department.
- Create a different Outlook signature for different departments e.g. give your sales team a set of email signatures that meet your current promotional needs.
Learn more about Exclaimer Outlook email signature software